Welcome to the Xen 3.1 download page! This represents a major milestone in the Xen project containing performance and stability enhancements, additional features for all architectures, and a brand new management API. Highlights of this release include:
- XenAPI 1.0 support
- XML configuration files for virtual machines;
- VM life-cycle management operations; and
- Secure on- or off-box XML-RPC with bindings for many languages
- Basic save/restore/migrate support for HVM (e.g. Windows) VMs;
- Dynamic memory control for HVM guests;
- 32-on-64 PV guest support (run PAE PV VMs on a 64-bit Xen!); and
- Blktap copy-on-write disk support.
The downloads on this page have been built from the latest Xen 3.1 official release. They have undergone limited testing,
are not supported in any way whatsoever, and will be fixed on a best-effort basis only. Downloading or installing any
package from this page constitutes an acknowledgement and acceptance of the warranty disclaimer and copyright information.
Downloads for the previous 3.0.4, 3.0.3 and 3.0.2 releases are also available.
The new Xen 3.1.3 release is available in the Tarball Download link below. All other links contain pre-release Xen 3.1.3 software and may contain kernels that require updating.