Xen Cloud Platform 1.1
Welcome to the XCP 1.1 download page!
The XCP project team would like to let you know that we have released XCP 1.1 today. While this is only a minor version to XCP 1.0, there are quite a few new features included with this release:
- Security updates and bug fixes
- IntelliCache: Enables you to use a combination of Shared storage and local storage caching.
- Local Storage Spans All Physical Volumes: When EXT local storage is used on a host containing multiple physical disks, the local Storage Repository (SR) now spans all the disks in a single LVM volume group.
- Reset-on-boot VM behaviour: Disks with the on-boot option set to reset, is now available for disks in any type of SR. (Previously it was only available for disks in NFS and EXT SRs.)
- Block SCSI Generic Support: BSG support added enabling full compatibility with Emulex and QLogic management functionality.
- Enhanced guest OS support: Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL 6.
- For OpenStack and others: support for ebtables and other netfilter options have been added to the kernel. These options have been disabled by default, but can be re-enabled with simple sysctl commands. These are the same kernel changes that will be included the upcoming XCP 1.5 release and have been included in XenServer 6.0.
- The Xapi version override feature has been added back in. This allows users to effectively rebrand their XCP boxes as XenServer hosts, in order to work better with products such as XenCenter.
Note that we promoted the XCP 1.1 RC1 release candidate to final release status: so if you've already installed the RC1 release, there is no reason to upgrade.