The Xen 3.4 release contains a number of important new features and updates compared to the 3.3 release including:
- Device passthrough improvements, with particular emphasis on support for client devices (further support is available as part of the XCI project).
- RAS features: cpu and memory offlining
- Power management: improved frequency/voltage controls and deep-sleep support. Scheduler and timers optimised for peak power savings.
- Support for the Viridian (Hyper-V) enlightenment interface
- Many other changes in both x86 and IA64 ports