The Xen Project allows vendors to advertise services and software that use Xen and/or build on top of Xen to advertise their services and/or software in the Xen Project Directory. For more information read the vendor notes.
HA-Lizard High Availability for XCP and XenServer-Sponsored by PulseSupply
High Availability for XenServer and Xen Cloud Platform (XCP)
HA-lizard provides complete automation for managing host and VM failover in Xen server pools which utilize the XAPI management interface and toolstack (as in Xen Cloud Platform and XenServer).
The software suite provides complete HA features within a given pool. The overall design is intended to be lightweight with no compromise of system stability.
Traditional cluster management suites are not required. HA is provided with built in logic for detecting and recovering failed services.
Development is well tested and based on Xen Cloud Platform (XCP) version 1.6 and XenServer 6.1.
HA-Lizard Core Features
- Auto-start of any failed VMs
- Auto-start of any VMs on after reboot
- Detection of failed hosts and automated recovery of any affected VMs
- Detect and clean up orphaned resources after a failed host is removed
- Removal of any failed hosts from pool with takeover of services
- Fencing support for HP ILO, XVM and POOL fencing (forceful removal of host from pool)
- Split brain prevention using heuristics from external network points and quorum
- HA support for pools with two hosts
- Structured interface for simple “bolt-on” of fencing scripts
- Dual operating modes for applying HA to appliances or individual VMs
- Ability to exclude selected appliances and VMs from HA logic
- Auto detection of host status allows for safely working on hosts without disabling HA
- Centralized configuration for entire pool stored in XAPI database
- Command-line tool for managing global configuration parameters
- Parameter override available per host for custom configurations
- HA can be enabled/disabled via command line tool or graphical interface (like XenCenter)
- Extensive Logging capabilities to system log file
- Email alerting on configurable triggers
- Dynamic cluster management logic auto-selects roles and determines recovery policy
- No changes to existing pool configuration required. All logic is external
- No dependencies – does not compromise pool stability or introduce complex SW packages.
- Designed to work with the resident packages on a standard XCP/XenServer host